Ruger SFAR 308 Winchester 16.1in Black Anodized Semi Automatic Modern Sporting Rifle - 20+1 Rounds
Add a Firearm Service PlanGet the most out of your purchase and help keep your new firearm in great condition
It is the customer's responsibility to follow all Federal, State, and Local Laws.
All firearms MUST be picked up by the BUYER (ACTUAL PURCHASER) at your selected Sportsman's Warehouse store or chosen Independent Firearm Dealer (“FFL”).
A valid U.S. and/or state government-issued identification document, or combination of government-issued documents, which reflect the buyer's current residential address, must be presented at the selected store location prior to the completion of any firearm-related paperwork and background check initiation.
The actual purchaser must be 18 years of age or older to purchase rifles and/or shotguns.
The actual purchaser must be 21 years of age or older to purchase handguns and/or firearm receivers, frames, silencers, or pistol-grip only firearms.
Certain states have stricter laws regarding a firearm buyer’s age and Sportsman's Warehouse complies with such requirements.
Ruger SFAR 308 Winchester 16.1in Black Anodized Semi Automatic Modern Sporting Rifle - 20+1 Rounds - The SFAR combines the ballistic advantages of 308 Winchester with the size of a traditional MSR. Bolt and barrel extensions are CNC-machined from high-strength super alloy steel that outperforms traditional C158 bolts.
Tapered lug geometry further strengthens the breech to support larger short-action cartridges. The bolt carrier assembly features a chrome-lined 8620 steel bolt carrier and nitride-processed gas key staked in place. The titanium firing pin has been DLC-coated for long service life. The bolt includes dual ejectors and an optimized extractor to ensure positive extraction and ejection of the spent case through the enlarged ejection port. 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel is cold hammer-forged with ultra-precise 5R rifling.
The heavy profile barrel balances nicely and its attractive, black nitride finish helps ensure exceptional accuracy, longevity, and easy cleaning. Ruger 2-port Boomer muzzle brake has large perpendicular surfaces to redirect gas and reduce felt recoil. 5/8in-24 muzzle threads on the barrel remain compatible with other brakes, flash hiders, and suppressors.
15in aluminum handguard is free-floated for accuracy and features Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions and a full length Picatinny top rail. Sockets for Quick Disconnect (QD) sling swivels located at the muzzle end of the handguard allows for comfortable carry with a two-point sling.
- Equipped with a Ruger Elite 452 trigger that delivers a smooth, crisp 4.5-pound 2-stage trigger pull.
- Made from a 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forging, the upper receiver is complete with brass deflector, forward assist, and full-length Picatinny rail.
- The Magpul MOE SL stock and MOE grip provide positive control and ergonomics. The receiver end plate includes an additional socket for a QD sling swivel pocket and fills the offset space at the rear of the receiver.
- Compatible with mil-spec MSR trigger groups, receiver end plates, charging handles, pistol grips, and adjustable stocks.
- Comes with one, 20-round Magpul PMAG magazine and is compatible with SR25/AR-10-pattern .308 Win/7.62 NATO magazines.