Sportsman’s Warehouse (“We” or "Sportsman’s Warehouse”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.sportsmans.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected or processed by any other third party.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse collects certain information about you either through your use of this website or through information you provide to us as described under "Information We Collect and Use" below.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse may share certain information you provide in connection with our website with carefully selected third parties as described under "Information We Collect and Share with Others" below.
- You can restrict our sharing of your information with others as described under "How to Limit the Sharing of Your Information" below.
- You can view and update certain information about you that Sportsman’s Warehouse maintains in its database as described under "How to Update and Correct Personal and Account Information" below.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse may send you email notices regarding products and services. If you wish, you can remove yourself from our email list at any time as described under "Communications to Our Customers" below.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse is available to answer your questions about our privacy practices.
1. Information We Collect and Use
a. Personal Information
There are times when we collect information from you through our website. This occurs when you register to post comments, reviews, pictures, or other content on the Sportsman’s Warehouse website.
The information we collect on or through our Website about you (“personal information”) may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website
- Information provided when you register to use our Website or purchase products from us by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, payment information, or telephone number
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of your orders
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- We may share personal contact information with our business partners when you participate in promotions, sweepstakes, contests or giveaways on the Sportsman's Warehouse website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”), such as (but not limited to) product reviews. By submitting any User Contribution, you grant us a license to use that content for our own internal purposes and to publish it on our Website AND RELEASE US FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF THAT THIRD PARTY’S ACCESS TO YOUR USER CONTRIBUTION.
Personal information collected on our website is used in several ways:
- to provide you with information or to ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news, and events
- to allow you to post comments, reviews, pictures, or other content on the Sportsman’s Warehouse website
- to aggregate information in order to understand general user trends
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as (but not limited to) fulfillment, billing, or collection
b. Usage Information
In addition to personal information, Sportsman’s Warehouse also uses various methods to collect information about your device and behavior when you use the Website (“usage information”) including:
- Network information
- Device information
- Preferences (e.g. notification preferences)
- Referrers - A "referrer" is any information passed along by a web browser that references a web URL that led you to the Website. Referrers are automatically collected by our web server and used by Sportsman's Warehouse to identify the websites referring traffic to our download pages, and to present tailored content to our potential customers. Referrer information is also tabulated by Sportsman's Warehouse on an aggregated basis to identify general trends and traffic patterns.
From time to time, Sportsman's Warehouse may enter into agreements with content partners that require Sportsman's Warehouse to count the number of product downloads or product sales stemming from referrals from a content partner website. This information is collected, used, and aggregated by Sportsman's Warehouse to fulfill the reporting requirements of those agreements. This information may also be combined with referrer information and tabulated on an aggregated basis to identify general trends and traffic patterns.
- Network Information - We collect certain information about the networks you use to connect with the Website. For example, IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you. We may also collect other information about your network, such as cellular network information, timing information, and other technical information, according to the settings on your device. These data are automatically collected by our web server.
- System Information - System information we collect might include, among other things, MAC addresses, the type of web browser being used, operating system type and version, hardware platform make, model, or version, geolocation information, and CPU speed. This information is sent automatically by your web browser when you are connected to a website, according to your device’s settings, and is used by Sportsman's Warehouse only for broad demographic statistics. This information is used by Sportsman's Warehouse to identify broad trends and may be used to provide tailored content, or to format information appropriately for your computer system.
Do Not Track Signals - Most web browsers can be configured to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services that you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, the Services do not alter their operations when they receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser. To find out more about "Do Not Track", you may visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
2. Information We Collect and Share with Others
At times, we must disclose relevant information about our customers to our business partners. For example, when customers use a credit card, the customer's credit card number is submitted to the credit institution for normal, routine processing. We might also need to disclose certain information to our contractors, so that they may perform services for us. Sportsman's Warehouse requires such contractors and business partners to keep your information confidential. Sportsman's Warehouse may disclose personal information to such contractors and business partners without additional notice.
Advertisements displayed on the Sportsman's Warehouse website might be delivered by an advertising management service. When you view advertising on a page of our website, an advertising service company might place a cookie on your computer. Sportsman's Warehouse does not provide any of your personal information to the advertising service without providing you an opportunity to opt out. You may disable cookies in your browser if you do not wish to receive cookies from advertising servers. Sportsman’s Warehouse, these advertisers, and other third parties may collect personal information from users of the Website over time and across different websites or services.
We may also disclose to others the information collected by Sportsman's Warehouse regarding your access and use of the Sportsman's Warehouse website, provided that it is that is de-identified and aggregated with other data.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
3. How to Update and Correct Personal and Account Information
We strive to keep our records of the information collected in the registration process accurate and we will promptly update our records when you update your information at our website. It easy and simple to update your information:
- On every page in the top right is a "Login Status" control ("My Account").
- If not signed in to your account, click "My Account" to log in.
- Once signed in, your "Login Status" will now show you as signed in, there will also be links for editing your account information ("Address Book", "Email Address", "Personal Details", etc.) and logging out ("Sign Out") of the system.
To edit your account, click the appropriate section that you'd like to update. Once in the section to be updated, you can update or correct the information you have previously submitted.
4. Communications to Our Customers
From time to time, Sportsman's Warehouse may provide information and special offers to you. We will communicate with you by email unless you tell us you do not wish to receive emails from us. You can opt out of this service by contacting us directly at [email protected]
5. How to Limit the Sharing of Your Information
If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties, you may elect to restrict us from sharing that information. You can make this election by contacting us directly at [email protected]
6. Contact Us
8. Governing Law
9. Limitation of Liability
10. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
11. European Privacy Rights
We do not intentionally market our products or this Website to, or track the behavior of, any residents of the European Economic Area. If you are such a resident, please do not use this site or purchase our products. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions.
12. Children under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information using the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]