Weatherby MKV Backcountry 2.0 Brown/Camo Bolt Action Rifle – 270 Weatherby Magnum – 26in
It is the customer's responsibility to follow all Federal, State, and Local Laws.
All firearms MUST be picked up by the BUYER (ACTUAL PURCHASER) at your selected Sportsman's Warehouse store or chosen Independent Firearm Dealer (“FFL”).
A valid U.S. and/or state government-issued identification document, or combination of government-issued documents, which reflect the buyer's current residential address, must be presented at the selected store location prior to the completion of any firearm-related paperwork and background check initiation.
The actual purchaser must be 18 years of age or older to purchase rifles and/or shotguns.
The actual purchaser must be 21 years of age or older to purchase handguns and/or firearm receivers, frames, silencers, or pistol-grip only firearms.
Certain states have stricter laws regarding a firearm buyer’s age and Sportsman's Warehouse complies with such requirements.
Weatherby MKV Backcountry 2.0 Brown/Camo Bolt Action Rifle – 270 Weatherby Magnum – 26in - The next generation of the ground-breaking Backcountry family, the Backcountry 2.0 builds on the classic steel Weatherby Mark V action — with some key updates. Still equipped with a super thin and lightweight fluted barrel, it is contoured at a #1 MOD or #2 MOD depending on the chambering.
The most noticeable upgrade is the new carbon fiber Peak 44 Blacktooth stock, the lightest versions of which tip the scales at under 20 ounces.
Also grabbing the eye is the second generation 3DHEX recoil pad, the first production 3D printed pad the firearms world has seen. Hidden inside the pad are a series of interlocking voids that progressively collapse during recoil, expanding the time component of the recoil impulse and deadening the sharp kick of magnum chamberings.
More pronounced spiral fluting on the bolt body not only trims a little weight, it also reduces bearing surface within the action and results in even smoother function. The newly-threaded bolt handle is equipped with a lightweight aluminum extended and skeletonized knob.
Fit with Weatherby’s highly-effective Accubrake ST, this brake is blended to match the profile of the muzzle. With 30 symmetrically-spaced ports that help harness the recoil, it tames even magnum chamberings and makes them pleasant to shoot.
The Backcountry 2.0 also sports an updated paint scheme, with action and barrel protected by a Cerakote shell of Patriot Brown, with the stock carrying a brown and green pattern over exposed carbon fiber.
Built to be the lightest possible rifle and chambered in some of the world’s fastest cartridges, the Backcountry 2.0 is a worthy successor to the throne.
|Finish||Patriot Brown Cerakote|
|Cartridge||270 Weatherby Magnum|
|Color||Dark Green/Brown Sponge|
|Product Line||MKV Backcountry 2.0|
|Stock Material||Carbon Fiber|
At Sportsman's Warehouse, we've got you covered.
- If any warranty issue comes up, we'll cover the cost of packing & shipping to the manufacturer from any Sportsman's Warehouse location.
- Cleaning, scope mounting, and bore sighting.
- Discounts on gun customization from The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse.
- FSP can be applied to any gun purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse or online at Sportsmans.com.
- Provides two professional field strip & cleanings per year.
- Unlimited professional scope mounting & bore sighting during coverage.
- Provides warranty concurrent with manufacturer's warranty for the firearm, including all parts & labor for warranty repairs during coverage.
- We'll keep you informed of any recall notifications.
- Free packing/shipping to manufacturer &/or manufacturer's authorized service center for warranty repairs ($20-$40 value).
- 15% discount on all customizing & elective gunsmith services and FREE shipping to The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse.