Hornady A-Tip 416 Cal/.416in A-Tip Match 500gr Reloading Bullets - 25 Count
You must be 18 or older to purchase this restricted item. Some items may only be shipped via Ground. You are responsible for complying with federal, state and local laws.
Hornady A-Tip 416 Cal/.416in A-Tip Match 500gr Reloading Bullets - 25 Count - Hornady large caliber A-Tip Match bullets offer shooters the ultimate in performance at any distance to include Extreme Long Range (ELR). Unlike mono-metal, lathe turned solid copper or copper alloy bullets, A-Tip bullets feature three components (gilding metal jacket, lead core & aluminum tip) that are carefully designed to maximize bullet performance at supersonic, transonic and subsonic velocities. Accuracy and overall consistency are key, particularly when shooting ELR. In order to take advantage of the advanced performance offered by the large caliber A-Tip bullets, shooters must use appropriate barrel twist rates that work with these jacketed bullets.
Twist rate refers to the rate of spin in the rifle barrel and is represented in inches per turn. For instance, a twist rate of 1:10 means the bullet will spin one revolution in 10 inches of barrel. A faster twist rate may spin the bullet one revolution in only 8 inches of barrel and would be expressed as 1:8. The lower the number, the faster the spin.
The barrel’s twist causes the bullet to spin on its axis as it flies through the air — like a quarterback throwing a football with a tight spiral — for greater accuracy and stability.
Hornady large caliber A-Tip Match bullets are conventional, jacketed, lead-core projectiles. Because lead is denser than the lathe-turned material of other bullets, A-Tip bullets don’t have to be as long and don’t require faster twist rates such as 1:8 or 1:9.
In fact, abnormally fast twist rates put too much torque on a bullet and can deform the jacket. Use of large caliber A-Tip bullets in fast twist barrels such as 1:8 to 1:10 may require reducing velocity and subsequent spin rate of the projectile for best results.
- Aluminum Tip Is Precision Machined And Longer Than Polymer Tips Which Moves The Center Of Gravity And Enhances Inflight Stability
- Aeroballistically Advanced Tip Design Results In Tighter Groups And Reduced Drag Variability
- Perfect Blend Of Ogive, Tip Length, Bearing Surface And Optimized Boattail By Caliber
- Doppler Radar Verified Low Drag Coefficient (High BC) Bullets Are Forgiving Of Twist Rate, Seating Depth And Muzzle Velocity
- Refined Design Of The AMP Bullet Jacket Offers Industry Leading Uniformity And Concentricity
- Right Off The Press - Sequentially Packaged, One Clone After Another For The Ultimate In Consistent Performance
- Minimal Handling Throughout The Manufacturing Process Ensures Consistency From Bullet To Bullet
- Packaged With A Polishing Bag To Prepare Bullets For Loading (Bullets Aren’t Bulk Washed After Manufacture)
|Ballistic Coefficient (G1)||.976|
|Bullet Type||A-Tip Match|
|Made in the USA||Yes|
At Sportsman's Warehouse, we've got you covered.
- If any warranty issue comes up, we'll cover the cost of packing & shipping to the manufacturer from any Sportsman's Warehouse location.
- Cleaning, scope mounting, and bore sighting.
- Discounts on gun customization from The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse.
- FSP can be applied to any gun purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse or online at Sportsmans.com.
- Provides two professional field strip & cleanings per year.
- Unlimited professional scope mounting & bore sighting during coverage.
- Provides warranty concurrent with manufacturer's warranty for the firearm, including all parts & labor for warranty repairs during coverage.
- We'll keep you informed of any recall notifications.
- Free packing/shipping to manufacturer &/or manufacturer's authorized service center for warranty repairs ($20-$40 value).
- 15% discount on all customizing & elective gunsmith services and FREE shipping to The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse.