Orion Tackle Steelhead Special Inline Spinner - Silver, 1/3oz, 3-7/8in
Orion Tackle Steelhead Special Inline Spinner - Orion Tackle manufacture two basic spinner models, plus a unique shrimp spinner. These are very effective lures for salmon and steelhead. Note: Because of their light weight, these lures do not cast well. These are trolling lures.
Orion Tackle use deep cup Colorado Blades exclusively, as they easily spin in very little current. All wire lures include a 100# crane swivel. Orion Tackle use Gamakatsu Big River hooks exclusively. Big River hooks are forged, making them very strong. Most importantly, they are scary sharp.
Orion Tackle prefer the Big River hooks because they have a longer tine length than treble hooks of the same size; an important feature when fishing in barbless waters. Orion Tackle can also manufacture lures with the hook of your choice upon request.
Orion Tackle's newest lure is a modification of the very successful Top Prop plunking/trolling lure. The Steelhead Special is much smaller and configured as a spinner. Testing on the Snake and Clearwater Rivers this fall and winter has shown it to be a very effective Steelhead lure, out fishing all other types of spinner lures on our test boats.
Orion Tackle also manufacture two additional spinning lures: The Snake River Special and the Rainbow Blade. These catch salmon and steelhead equally well.
Orion Tackle also manufacture a Prawn Spinner lure with a single Gamakatsu Big River 3/0 hook. This lure has a unique integrated barb, which locks the shrimp in place so you don’t have to tie the bait to the lure. This lure is very effective on Steelhead and salmon.
To install the prawn on the Prawn Spinner, simply unlock the barb, insert it into the shrimp head first until it exits the shrimp in the middle of the bend, then re-insert the barb back into the lock.
Orion Tackle recommend that fishermen use gel-type scents on the backside of the blades, and a small piece of shrimp, tuna or other oily fish on the hook as well for maximum results. While there lures are primarily designed to attract salmon and steelhead, Orion Tackle have received excellent feedback from fishermen who have caught pike, muskies, walleye, plus large and small mouth bass using these lures.
Prop 65 Warning
|Warranty||Manufacturer 1 Month|
|Water Type||Freshwater and Saltwater|
|Made in the USA||Yes|
At Sportsman's Warehouse, we've got you covered.
- If any warranty issue comes up, we'll cover the cost of packing & shipping to the manufacturer from any Sportsman's Warehouse location.
- Cleaning, scope mounting, and bore sighting.
- Discounts on gun customization from The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse.
- FSP can be applied to any gun purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse or online at Sportsmans.com.
- Provides two professional field strip & cleanings per year.
- Unlimited professional scope mounting & bore sighting during coverage.
- Provides warranty concurrent with manufacturer's warranty for the firearm, including all parts & labor for warranty repairs during coverage.
- We'll keep you informed of any recall notifications.
- Free packing/shipping to manufacturer &/or manufacturer's authorized service center for warranty repairs ($20-$40 value).
- 15% discount on all customizing & elective gunsmith services and FREE shipping to The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse.