Shimano Saragosa SW BFC Saltwater Spinning Reel - Size 14000
Shimano Saragosa SW BFC Saltwater Spinning Reel - Shimano developed the all-new Saragosa SW BFC for the dedicated billfish angler, those looking for the upper hand when a tournament check or world record is on the line.
The counterpart to the tournament-proven Talica BFC in Shimano's Billfish Concept lineup, the Saragosa BFC reigns supreme when tossing live baits at billfish tailing down sea or cutting through bait balls on the surface.
Saragosa SW BFC features an optimized drag curve for fighting sailfish and other billfish on light-line applications with a lower, more gradual drag curve compared to the battle-tested Saragosa SW A.
Designed to perform when there's no other choice than to get the release, the Saragosa SW BFC boasts the market's fastest retrieval rate at 56 inches of line per turn to enable anglers to stay tight with a sport-fisher backing down or when fighting a greyhounding sailfish off the bow of a center console. To reduce play and deflection of the spool during hard-fought battles with stubborn fish, the Saragosa SW BFC incorporates Shimano's Rigid Support Drag for enhanced spool support to produce smoother and more consistent drag.
Fly more release flags with Shimano's all-new and purpose-built Billfish Concept Saragosa SW BFC.
- Cross Carbon Drag - The Cross Carbon Drag material provides a wider range of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials. The Cross Carbon Drag provides the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever while providing anglers with increased durability.
- Hagane Body - The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing on the reel while fighting fish. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power, increasing efficiency through strength.
- Hagane Gear - With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of most Shimano reels. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives anglers the long-lasting smoothness and please that is felt when anglers first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear during fabrication, instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special @d-design and then formed by Shimano's cold-forging technology. The result is assured resilence. HAGANE Gear is the fruit of Shimano's inexhuastible pursuit for durability - the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Rigid Support Drag - By strengthening the spool support of the main shaft, the play and fluctuation of the spool during drag operation are suppressed. The Rigid Support Drag allows smooth and consisten drag delivery, even under high load.
- X-Protect - X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation. By combining Shimano's water-repellent coating with a water-channeling labryinth construction, X-Protect provides added durability in tought conditions.
- X-Shield - By providing dependable sealing structures and gaskets at 12 critical locations throughout the reel body, Shimano is able to create a water-resistant structure that is highly reliable and durable while ensuring that it can hold up when used in extreme saltwater conditions.
|Reel Model||Saragosa SW BFC HG A|
|Line Cap||12/550, 16/360, 20/260 (lbs/yds)|
|Type||Saltwater Spinning Reel|